Real-World Skills, Real-World Impact
The NSLS Learner to Leader program helps develop key leadership skills that are necessary for success—such as collaboration, creative problem-solving, and communication—while providing a deeper understanding of your personal leadership style. All while joining an active, nationwide community of peers who are also engaged in furthering their careers.
Through the only accredited collegiate leadership development program in the nation, you will:
- Learn your unique leadership style and identify strengths and weaknesses.
- Develop collaboration, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Map out your ideal future through strategic goal-setting techniques.
- Apply what you learn in a real-world community project proposal.
- Join a supportive community of alumni from your school and the larger NSLS community of more than 1.8 million members from over 750 colleges.
More Than Skill-Building
Besides growing as a leader and connecting with peers, you'll receive a range of perks:
- Connect with success coaches to help you achieve your goals.
- Save with discounts at hundreds of major brands.
- Download NSLS Pay and earn cash back on purchases.
- View Speaker Broadcast archives featuring celebrities, entrepreneurs, politicians, and other thought leaders.
- Earn digital badges to stand out to employers.
- Enjoy lifetime NSLS membership and join a community that will support your continued growth.
Built for Growth
The Learner to Leader program combines the best of the NSLS’s Foundations of Leadership and Advanced Leadership programs into one alumni package that’s broken up into three parts.
Foundations of Leadership: Principles of Leadership
- Understand the basics of leadership, identify strengths and weaknesses, develop team-building skills, and improve communication and collaboration skills.
Advanced Leadership Part One: Self Leadership
- Utilize the NSLS 9 Principles and Behaviors Leadership Framework to become the best version of yourself by thoroughly understanding your passions and goals, culminating in the completion of a Leadership Portfolio.
Advanced Leadership Part Two: Leading Teams
- Apply what you've learned to a real-world community project while supporting a team to achieve a common goal, learning to advocate for yourself while motivating others.
I have been a supervisor for many years, this course taught me so much that I was missing."
Student of similar NSLS programming