Terms & Conditions (Updated on 2019-06-28)
This page contains important policy information regarding your use of this website.
Definitions: "Society" is The National Society of Leadership and Success. "Member" or "You" or "User" is an individual engaging with the Society and its Site whether as a visitor or for the provision of coaching and various other networking services. Anyone who merely browses the Site shall constitute a visitor, while Members are those users who create and register with a member ID. "Service" is the collection of online and real-world services provided to the Member in connection with training and coaching activities of the Society, as well as employment opportunities advertised through Job Banks, including Symplicity, partner benefits and discounts offered through Abenity, and any other services, benefits, discounts, or opportunities presented by third party advertisers, platforms, users or entities, through the Site. "Content" is both information provided by Society for use by Members and User Content. "User Content" is postings, links, or similar communications transmitted through Service from one Member to another as part of a peer-to-peer coaching program. "Site" is the internet website owned and operated by the Society and located at www.nsls.org. As used in these Terms, references to our "Affiliates" or "Partners" include our owners, licensees, assigns, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, members, managers, officers, directors, suppliers, partners, sponsors, and advertisers, and includes, without limitation, all parties involved in creating, producing, and/or delivering the Site and the Services.
Acceptance of Terms:
By using the tools, features and information provided on the Site, including but not limited to the use of member area and its services (collectively the "Services"), you agree to be bound by these Terms, whether you are a visitor to the site or a Member. If you do not wish to be bound by these terms, please exit the site. Your sole remedy for dissatisfaction with this site, the services, or these terms is to cease using the site and/or the services.
You may not use the Services nor accept these Terms if you are not of legal age to form a binding contract with the Society. By accepting these Terms, you represent that you have the capacity to be bound by this Agreement, or, if acting on behalf of a separate legal entity, that you have the authority to bind such entity.
We reserve the right to modify these Terms from time to time and with or without notice. You acknowledge and agree that it is your responsibility to periodically review the Site and these Terms. Your continued use of the Site and the Services after any such modifications will constitute acknowledgement and acceptance of the modified Terms.
Society provides many services, benefits and partnership discounts to members. Said services and benefits may change at any time, with or without notice.
The Content of the Society website and Service, including but not limited to videos and other membership and training materials is the property of Society and may not be transferred, resold, redistributed, or repurposed without written permission by Society. Any User Content posted remains the property of the authoring Member subject to a limited, non-revocable, and perpetual license for the Society to display such content to other Members in connection with the training and other activities of the Society.
The National Society of Leadership and Success, its chapters and affiliated partners, retain the right to photograph, film, or videotape you participating in Society sanctioned events and to use your likeness for unrestricted purposes including, but not limited to, marketing pieces, books, flyers, and publicity materials with no compensation of any kind owed. Your participation in those events signifies your tacit agreement to this unrestricted use of your likeness.
The Service provides limited peer-to-peer coaching and goal review/suggestion services. Member agrees that the Society does not guarantee that it will monitor or review User Content postings to the Service. Member is encouraged to use discretion in posting personally identifiable information on Service. Additionally, any User Content posted by other Members whether or not in response to a Member's posting, goal setting, or other communication is provided 'as is' and Member assumes all liability for use of this information.
By using the Site and the Services, you understand and acknowledge that all, information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, images, video, comments, responses, messages or other materials communicated or transmitted using the Site or the Services ("Content"), whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, are the sole responsibility of the person from whom such Content originated. You are fully responsible for any and all Content that you upload, post, e-mail, transmit, or otherwise make available using the Services or that is otherwise made available through the use of your account, whether or not authorized by you. Under no circumstances shall the Society be held liable for any errors or omissions in any Content transmitted by users.
The Society does not and cannot control the Content users transmit through the Site, and does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of Content. By using the Site and the Services, it is possible that you may be exposed to Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, libelous, vulgar, obscene, offensive, indecent, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable. Under no circumstances shall the Society be held liable for any such Content. While the Society is not obligated to do so, it may review all Content and may block, modify, terminate access to, or remove any Content that the Society determines, in its sole discretion, does not comply with the requirements of these Terms. The Society reserves the right to purge Content from its databases at any time and from time to time without notice. It is the sole responsibility of each user to back up any Content uploaded to the Site by the user or received by the user through the use of the Services. The Society is not liable for any such purging, deletion or failure to retain any such Content. The Society may disable a user's account and access to the Site and/or the Services, and may recover from a user any losses, damages, costs or expenses incurred by it and resulting from or arising out of such user's noncompliance with these Terms.
The following are examples of the kind of Content that is illegal or prohibited to post on, through or in connection with the Service. Society reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in Society's sole discretion, violates this provision, including, without limitation, removing the offending Content from the Service, terminating the membership of such violators and/or reporting such Content or activities to law enforcement authorities. Prohibited Content includes, but is not limited to, Content that, in the sole discretion of Society:
- is patently offensive or promotes or otherwise incites racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
- publicly posts information that poses or creates a privacy or security risk to any person;
- constitutes or promotes information that you know is false or misleading or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous;
- constitutes or promotes an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person's copyrighted work, such as providing pirated computer programs or links to them, providing information to circumvent manufacturer-installed copy-protect devices, or providing pirated music or links to pirated music files;
- involves the transmission of "junk mail," "chain letters," or unsolicited mass mailing, instant messaging, "spimming," or "spamming" or violates the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003, and rules and regulations promulgated by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission;
- furthers or promotes any criminal activity or enterprise or provides instructional information about illegal;
- includes a photograph or video of another person that you have posted without that person's consent;
- violates or attempts to violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, trademark rights, contract rights or any other rights of any person.
You agree to indemnify and hold the Society, its subsidiaries, affiliates, managers, members, officers, employees and agents harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorney's fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of Content that you submit, post, transmit, or make available through the Services, your use of the Services, the use of the Services by a third party using your account (whether or not authorized you), your connection to the Services, your violation of these Terms, or your violation of any rights of another or applicable law.
Third Party Advertisers:
The Society may allow third party advertisers or Partners to advertise on the Site. The Society takes no responsibility for you dealings with, including any online or other purchases from, any third party advertisers. The Society shall not be liable for any loss or damage you may incur in your dealings with third party advertisers.
SMS Terms & Conditions
1) In addition to any entry, submission, subscription or other fee of which you are notified, your carrier's standard messaging rates apply to your entry or submission message, our confirmation and all subsequent SMS correspondence.
2) We will not be liable for any delays in the receipt of any SMS messages as delivery is subject to effective transmission from your network operator. SMS message services are provided on an as is basis.
3) Data obtained from you in connection with this SMS service may include your cell phone number, your carrier's name, and the date, time and content of your messages. We may use this information to contact you and to provide the services you request from us.
4) If at any time now or in the future, you elect to cancel your subscription of Society SMS Alerts, you can unsubscribe at any time by texting 'STOP' in REPLY to the first text. By subscribing, you consent to receiving, from time to time, further text messages from us which may include offers from us, our affiliates and partners.
5) Absolutely no refunds will be reimbursed based on carrier's fees incurred from Society SMS Services.
6) The text service is available to all major carriers.
Termination of Membership or Website Use:
You may terminate your membership at any time, for any reason, by tendering written notice to the Society. Society may terminate your membership at any time, for any or no reason, with or without prior notice or explanation, and without liability.
These Terms and Conditions shall automatically become effective upon your first use of the Site or the Services and shall continue indefinitely until they are terminated. If you have an account on the Site, the Society may, in its sole discretion, terminate that account for any reason, and shall not be held liable to you or any third party for such termination. Upon termination of this Agreement for any reason you shall immediately cease all use of the Site and the Services. You acknowledge and agree that the Society may, in its sole discretion, take any measures it reasonably deems necessary or desirable to prevent your further use of the Site or the Services, including blocking your IP address. Upon termination of this Agreement, the Society shall not be obligated to retain any of your Content (including academic information or other communications) or to provide the same to you, but may elect to do so in its sole discretion. You shall not be entitled to a refund of any funds paid in the event this Agreement is terminated.
Members who are registered users may pay their Membership Fee using the Site or may purchase Society Merchandise through the Site. All payment transactions are conducted through Authorize.net or other third party payment service methods (collectively the "Facilitated Payment Modes" or "FPM") or the Society payment processing gateway. When using a FPM, contest organizers and contest participants effect the applicable monetary payment transaction through the FPM service, and thus are bound by the applicable terms and conditions governing the FPM service.
Some students may find the rigors of the program do not meld to their other extracurricular responsibilities. For these individuals the Society offers free transfer into the Online Chapter in order to support completion of the steps toward induction as a Society member. In the Online Chapter, you can complete the steps to membership at your leisure on the time schedule that works for you.
The National Society of Leadership and Success Online Chapter has been developed to support members' busy lifestyles with an alternative method to attaining induction in the Society. This program is conducted entirely online, at your own pace, with a National Advisor supporting you throughout the process. Members that transfer into the Online Chapter will retain credit for the events already attended.
While students are strongly encouraged to take advantage of transferring at no cost to the Online Chapter rather than giving up on leadership training altogether, those students that absolutely cannot complete the program may request a refund of their membership dues.
The National Society of Leadership and Success offers a full refund of membership within 30 days from initial payment.
Directions for Requesting a Transfer of Membership into our Online Chapter:
Send an email to email@example.com stating your full name and school attended, and simply request that you be transferred into the National Online Chapter. Your request will be filled within 2 business days, and your new National Advisor will reach out to you shortly.
Directions for Requesting a Membership Fee Refund:
Visit https://members.nsls.org/members/refunds and complete the form in order to secure a full refund within 30 days of joining the NSLS.
College Credit and/or Advanced and Executive Leadership Certifications Refund Policy:
Members who choose the College Credit Pathway or enroll in the Advanced Leadership Certification and/or Executive Leadership Certification Programs can receive a full refund within 30 days of their purchase. After the 30 days, there will be no refunds on the program(s). Refunds will be processed by reaching out to the NSLS at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Directions for Requesting a Product Refund:
Here at the NSLS we want you to be pleased with your SHOP purchase. If for any reason you are not completely satisfied, you may exchange, replace, or credit your purchase within 30 days of purchase, provided that the items are returned in unused and new condition. Simply place the items in the original packaging and ship it using your carrier of choice. Please note that the NSLS does not refund shipping expenses. Once we receive your package, we will promptly process your return according to your marked preference. We recognize that returns are important to our members. If you have any questions regarding our return policy please contact us at email@example.com.
Our return address is:
The National Society of Leadership and Success
1233 Findlay Street
Cincinnati, OH 45214
Credit Card Payments:
Credit card payments will be refunded to the credit card originally charged. A check will be provided if the original credit card is no longer valid. No cash refunds for credit card payments.
Refund checks will be mailed directly to the address provided in the online form.
Limitation on Liability:
IN NO EVENT SHALL SOCIETY, ITS AFFILIATES, OR THEIR RESPECTIVE MEMBERS, MANAGERS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, SERVANTS OR AGENTS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING DAMAGES FOR LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF USE OR DATA, OR COSTS OF COVER, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THESE TERMS, WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, EVEN IF THE SOCIETY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, INCLUDING DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF:
1) THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF, THE DELAY IN PROVIDING, THE FAILURE TO PROVIDE, OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SITE OR THE SERVICES, OR ANY INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES CONTAINED IN OR AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE;
2) THE SERVICES, INCLUDING INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS AND SERVICE MADE AVAILABLE BY OTHER USERS OF THE SITE OR THE SERVICES;
3) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF ANY TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA, ANY MATERIAL OR DATA SENT OR RECEIVED OR NOT SENT OR RECEIVED, OR ANY TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH THE SITE OR THE SERVICES OR IN RELIANCE UPON ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SITE OR THE SERVICES;
4) ANY THREATENING, DEFAMATORY, OBSCENE, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONTENT OR CONDUCT OF ANY OTHER PARTY OR ANY INFRINGEMENT OF A THIRD PARTY'S RIGHTS, INCLUDING INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS, OR
5) ANY CONTENT SENT USING OR INCLUDED IN THE SITE OR THE SERVICES BY ANY THIRD PARTY.
IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH ANY PORTION OF THE SITE OR THE SERVICES, YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS TO TERMINATE THIS AGREEMENT AND DISCONTINUE USING THE SITE AND THE SERVICES. THE SOCIETY IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, OR INCIDENTAL LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOSS OF PROFITS OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, WHETHER BASED ON BREACH OF CONTRACT, BREACH OF WARRANTY, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, PRODUCT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE. NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, IN THE EVENT THAT THE SOCIETY, ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES, OR THEIR RESPECTIVE MEMBERS, MANAGERS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, SERVANTS OR AGENTS IS FOUND TO BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY AMOUNTS UNDER THIS AGREEMENT BASED ON ANY THEORY OF RECOVERY, THE SOCIETY'S MAXIMUM LIABILITY IN RESPECT OF SUCH AMOUNTS SHALL NOT EXCEED THE LESSER OF THE AMOUNT YOU PAID FOR THE SERVICES YOU RECEIVED (IF ANY) FROM THE SITE AND THE SERVICES, AND $100.00. YOU FURTHER AGREE TO BRING ALL ACTIONS WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR OF THE DATE OF THE ACCRUAL OF THE CAUSE OF ACTION, AND THAT ACTIONS BROUGHT AFTER THAT DATE WILL BE BARRED. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT WITHOUT THE FOREGOING EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY, THE SOCIETY WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO OFFER THE SITE OR THE SERVICES, AND THAT SUCH EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY, EVEN IF THEY WOULD CAUSE YOUR REMEDIES UNDER THESE TERMS TO FAIL OF THEIR ESSENTIAL PURPOSE. BECAUSE SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTIAL OR CONSEQUENCIAL DAMAGES, SOME OF THE LIMITATIONS OF THIS SECTION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
THE INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THIS WEB SITE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ARE DISCLAIMED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTEIS OF MERCHANTABILITY, MERCHANTABILITY OF ANY COMPTUER PROGRAM OR SOFTWARE, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND ACCURACY OF CONTENT, SYSTEM INTEGRATION AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THE INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, AND SERVICES CONTAINED IN OR AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE OR THE SERVICES, INCLUDING INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, AND SERVICES MADE AVAILABLE BY OTHER USERS OF THE SITE OR THE SERVICES, MAY INCLUDE INACCURACIES OR ERRORS.
YOU FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU, AND NOT THE SOCIETY, ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR EVALUATING THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, COMPLETENESS, AND USEFULNESS OF ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SITE OR THE SERVICES.
THE SOCIETY MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES REGARDING THE SUITABILITY, RELIABILITY, AVAILABILITY, TIMELINESS, QUALITY OR LACK OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS OF THE SITE OR THE SERVICES, OR THE ACCURACY OF SUCH INFORMATION, SOFTWARE AND SERVICES.
What information do we collect? While you can visit the Site without providing Personal information, you must submit certain information to register as a Member. Members are those who create and register with a member ID. The Society must collect certain information from users in order to customize the Site to meet your individual needs and to tailor the Services to you and your specific Services.
1) Your Personal Information. Personal Information collected from users may include Registration Information, Billing Information, Account Settings, Educational Information and other information you may intentionally share. Each user, including both members and advisors, must create a Society account before the Services provided by the Society. In order to register, you must provide your name, a member ID, password, email address, date of birth, mobile phone number, permanent home contact information, and educational information (Registration Information). If you make a payment to the Society, you must also provide billing information such as a name, address, email address, and financial information corresponding to your selected method of payment (Billing Information). After creating an account, you can then set various preferences and provide additional personal information to pages like Profile. Any data or content you provide when using the Service, such as User Content and responses, will also be collected and stored by the Society for your benefit ("User Data"). Finally, we may also collect other information which you intentionally share with us from time to time, such as testimonials and other information. If any of your personal information changes, you may update it at any time.
2) Information Automatically Collected by the Site. Our servers may automatically collect certain aggregated, non-personal identifying information when you visit the Site, such as your computer's IP address, the number of users clicking on a particular link or service, the type of browser in use, the pages viewed, and any external source referring you to the Site (such as a link on another website or in an email). This information is used to understand how visitors navigate the Site in order to enhance your experience when using it. We do not link this information to any information that may personally identify you, nor will we use any aggregated or anonymous data derived from or incorporating your Personal Information available to any third party, whether for advertising, marketing, or other purposes.
3) Information Collected from Third Parties. We may also collect your Personal Information or other data from third parties if you interact with the Society on a third party site. As an example, if you interact with the Society using your Facebook® account, the Society collects information about your Facebook® account that you agree to share with us at the time you give permission for the Society account to be linked to your Facebook® account.
- To provide you with our services and to customize them to your needs
- To facilitate account creation
- To monitor and improve our services and features
- To analyze your use of the Site and improve the Services
- To deliver communications to you relevant to your use of the Services
- To fulfill your requests for products and membership benefits
- To enforce the Company's Terms and Conditions of Use
- To prevent potentially illegal activities
- To screen for undesirable or abusive activity
- To create new services, features or content
- To our service providers, to provide the Services
- To your billing contact, if your (account holder's) details are different than the billing contact listed for your account
- To third parties as anonymous, aggregated information, to improve and promote our Services
- If required to do so by law
- In connection with the merger, sale or acquisition of the Company, to the other party in connection with such transfer
- Information you expressly consent to be shared
- To our affiliate partners listed on the "Partners" section of the Site
5) Retargeting. As you browse www.nsls.org, advertising cookies will be placed on your computer so that we can understand your interests. Our display advertising partner, AdRoll, then enables us to present you with retargeting advertising on other sites based on your previous interaction with www.nsls.org. The techniques our partners employ do not collect personal information such as your name, email address, postal address, or telephone number. You can visit this page to opt out of AdRoll’s and their partners’ targeted advertising.
Your Rights to Your Personal Information. You can update your Personal Information at any time on the account Profile page. It is your responsibility to back up your User Data. You may delete your User Data, but it will not be permanently deleted immediately. To the extent permitted by law, we will permanently delete your data if you request to cancel or delete your account, which you can do by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Deleting your account will cause all User Data in your account to be permanently deleted, as permitted by law, and will disable your access to the Services. We will respond to any requests to access, correct, update or delete your Personal Information within the time period specified by law (if applicable) or without excessive delay. Any requests to delete Personal Information will be promptly fulfilled, unless the request is not technically feasible or such data is required by law to be retained.
How Long is your Information Retained? Generally, your Personal Information is retained for as long as you remain a Member with us, or for as long as is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes, or to enforce our agreements. However, data that is deleted from our servers may remain as residual copies on backup servers or other media.
Providing security for the Personal Information you submit on the Site is one of the Company's top priorities, and it takes commercially reasonable measures to protect against the unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of such information. Users are required to create a unique member ID and password that must be entered each time a user logs on to the Site. Session cookies are then issued only to record encrypted authentication information for the duration of the user's specific session. The session cookies do not include the user's username or password.
When a user accesses secured areas of the Site, Secure Sockets Layer ("SSL") technology protects their information using both server authentication and data encryption to ensure that data is safe, secure, and only available to authorized users. All passwords and credit card information are transferred via encrypted SSL connections, as are all postings made by Users. Your User Data and User Content are treated as the private property of the User, subject to a limited license for use by the Society. The Company does not sell or use such information for its own purposes, except as required by law.
It is important to understand that the security precautions taken by the Company apply only to the Site, and that the Company exercises no control over how your information is stored or maintained by third party sites. Also be aware that, while all appropriate measures are taken by the Company to ensure the safety and security of the information you submit via the Site, no guarantee can be made that information transmitted via the Internet will be entirely secure. Caution should always be used when submitting personal information online. The Company takes commercially reasonable steps to provide security for your information once it has received it.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
POSTING CONTENT TO THE SITE
Certain areas of the Site allow users to post User Content which can be seen by other users. If you post any content to the Site, any information submitted can be read, collected or used by other users and can possibly by used to send unsolicited messages to you. The Company is not responsible for the Personal Information you voluntarily choose to post to the Site.
SAFETY OF MINORS
The Services are not intended for and may not be used by minors. A "minor" is defined as an individual under the age of majority in his/her place of residence (under age 13 in the United States). The Company does not knowingly collect personal data from minors or allow them to register for an account. If it comes to the Company's attention that information has been collected from a minor or that a minor has registered an account, such data and account will be deleted without notice. If you have reason to believe that this has occurred, please contact us at email@example.com.
ENGLISH VERSION CONTROLS
HOW TO CONTACT US